May 2013 is a landmark month for bmi regional. As I am sure you know, bmi regional has been operating independently since June 2012, no longer being owned by Lufthansa, British Airways or being a part of the Star Alliance. Since we started flying as an independent carrier, we looked at many of the the new routes opportunities available to the airline in the UK and in Europe. The outcome for this hard work mean that we start flights to Gothenburg, Lyon and Toulouse from Birmingham airport on May 13, and on the same day, flights to Munich, Milan and Hannover from Bristol.
Lets look at some of the details about our great bmi regional flights:
• Non-stop flights from Birmingham to Gothenburg, Lyon and Toulouse commence Monday 13th May 2013 with six flights on each route per week (three on Lyon). This is the first time the airline has flown out of Birmingham, and these are some very exciting destinations.
• Flights to Frankfurt from Bristol move to twice daily from 13 May, following on the back of flights to Hamburg from Bristol moving to double daily earlier in April
• Flight to Munich, Milan and Hannover from Bristol also start on May 13. These new non-stop flights to Munich, Milan and Hannover have with six flights on each route per week.
• Our position on mainland Europe is going from strength to strength: we launched our first route within mainland Europe from Bremen, Germany to Toulouse, France in March - and have increased these to Saturday and Sunday flights to make a good weekend break available.
• For the summer, we have increased the schedule on a number of routes: Manchester-Lyon has increased to six a week from May 2013.
We are very proud to launch the new flight from Birmingham and Bristol to Gothenburg, Lyon, Toulouse, Hannover, Munich and Milan. We are particularly proud of the fact that these investments are creating jobs: bmi regional has already created over 100 new jobs with these new routes in the South West and the Midlands. These routes are an indication of our commitment to UK regions and a significant investment in Bristol and Birmingham; we expect to continue to significantly increase employment and create a better network for both leisure and business travellers from the Midlands.
As always, all our customers will continue to enjoy assigned seating, 30 minute check-in and complimentary food and drink. And bags always fly free with us. We are still the most punctual airline in the UK – now for the eighth year in a row, so we know we will get you there on time as well!
I thank you for choosing bmi regional and hope to see you onboard one of our services soon.